This chart demonstrates that the Jewish Feast
Day of Pentecost always fell on Sunday.
1. Jesus was crucified on the day before the Sabbath. Mark 15:42.
2. The reckoning of Pentecost required that the 50 day count begin following the Sabbath. Leviticus 23:15-16.
3. Since they were to count "seven sabbaths complete," we know that a special sabbath in the middle of the week could not have occurred during this time span. This would be impossible mathematically. Pentecost was the "day after the seventh sabbath." The historian Josephus presents the same view in Antiquities XIII, Chapter 8. 4.
4. Jesus arose on the first day of the week and Pentecost came on the first day of the week.
5. Since the church began on Pentecost, it began on the first day of the week.
Acts Chapter 2 begins